Change Is Good.......Right?


My last post centered around tapping on your blocks to success. I hope many of you who tried tapping, uncovered emotional blocks that may have held you back from moving one step closer to your goals and dreams.

Here’s another thought to consider: What if the key to unlocking an abundant future was closer than you originally thought? What if it was so close, yet so far away because you haven’t opened your mind to a new idea or opportunity?

Many of us have found our daily rut very comfortable; so comfortable that we never take the time to raise our heads long enough to see the vast opportunities that lie around us. We are too scared to think outside the box because the territory is unfamiliar and frankly, a little daunting.

If you have been fortunate enough to recognize an opportunity, but have not taken that step forward, subconsciously you may be holding yourself back due to the influences of your family, friends, co-workers, etc.

Many tend to box themselves into a world that others see as normal or safe. We take on their opinions and decide those are the same rules that should be applied to our lives.

But what if they’re wrong? What if a whole new lease on life is one decision away? It may be worth your time to step out of that rut for a brief moment and discover a cosmic world of new opportunities some that may change your life forever!

I challenge you today, to move beyond your comfort zone, extend your antennae and open your eyes to new opportunities that may knock at your door. Take a moment and entertain them, invited them in for a cup of coffee or tea and see what they have to offer. You don’t have to say yes…..you just have to listen, think and make an educated decision about your future!

Right now, make a declaration to keep an open mind to new opportunities and watch what unfolds – you may be pleasantly surprised!

Here’s a tapping script to help you open your mind to receiving new opportunities and the ability to recognize them!

If you are new to this blog and unfamiliar with the tapping process, please see the "introduction to tapping" link at the top of this page. It will provide you with everything you need to know!

As always, please change the words to fit your current situation

Karate chop point:

"Even though I rarely deviate from my normal routine and I don’t deal with change well, I deeply and completely love and accept myself”

"Even though new ideas scare me, I accept this feeling and everything it means to me”

"Even though I want a change in my life and I’m not sure what that means right now, I am open to entertaining new opportunities”

Round One:

EB: I need a change
SE: But I’m scared to try anything different
UE: It’s the fear of the unknown
UN: What if it doesn’t work out?
CH: What will people say?
CB: I feel paralyzed
UA: I can’t make any decisions
HD: Why can’t I move forward and stay where I am
WR: Well, that didn’t make sense did it?!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the second round of tapping**

Round Two:

EB: I want a change in my current situation
SE: I know I need to do something different
UE: Something I’ve never tried before
UN: I am open to the possibility that this may be easier than I thought
CH: Change is good….right?
CB: A change might be liberating
UA: It might be a lot of fun too
HD: I am willing to flirt with the idea of a new fun way of achieving my goals and dreams
WR: Ok, I am unlocking the door and welcoming all new opportunities to come inside!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the third round of tapping**

Round Three:

EB: I forgive myself and anyone else who may have contributed to this fear of the unknown
SE: I freely release all beliefs and mental confinements I have adopted from well meaning friends and family that have kept me stuck all these years
UE: I am ready to see what I am really made of
UN: I love that I am taking charge of my life starting today
CH: I am open to all the universe has in store for me
CB: All these new ideas
UA: I am getting so excited
HD: I feel more calm and confident than I have in years
WR: I am ready…… bring it on!!

**Take a final deep breath and repeat as necessary**

Wishing you an abundant filled future!
Cindy (Selvaggio) Shumaker

2 comments: