I Never Have Enough Time!

Here we are already well into January and as I look around, I have to say, I am very happy with what I have accomplished in the first few weeks of the new year. 

Last month, I reviewed my accomplishments, or lack thereof in 2012, and decided I was going to approach the new year a little different than I have in the past.

All too often, I ran out of time at the end of the day, leaving many “to do’s” on my list for the next day. The next day brought the same experience forcing me to cram as much as I could into the weekend; leaving me little or no time to enjoy the little things life had to offer.

It suddenly dawned on me that if I was always declaring that I didn’t have enough time, then the Universe would deliver to me a plenitude of distractions that drained my energy, left me feeling unproductive with no time!

I decided that this year, my mantra would be “Focus and Follow Through”. 

I started the year looking at my unfinished projects and decided to break them down into smaller ones.
I still have unpacked boxes from my move here 18 months ago, so I made a promise to myself that I would unpack and put away or purge one item a day. That’s 7 items a week or about 30 items a month!
That seemed very doable and that’s what I did!
I already see a dent in the pile that has been sitting there since 2011 and it only took 5-10 min a day.

I have to say, I am very proud of the way I am accomplishing little daily things which add up to big things by the end of the week! My feelings of overwhelm and suffocation are lifting and I am filled with a renewed sense of accomplishment!

I am excited thinking about everything I can accomplish in the next 11 months if I stay focused and follow through! 

If you find that you too are feeling overwhelmed or just run out of time at the end of the day, I challenge you to try this tapping script!

If you are new to this blog and unfamiliar with the tapping process, please see the "introduction to tapping" link at the top of this page.
It will provide you with everything you need to know!

Remember to change the words to fit your personal situation so it resonates with you!

Karate chop point:

"Even though I feel like I never have enough time, I love and accept myself anyway”
"Even though I feel overwhelmed, I accept this feeling and everything it means to me”
"Even though my ‘to do’ list leaves me feeling suffocated, I love myself anyway ”

Round One:

EB: I never have enough time
SE: No time at the end of the day
UE: I feel so overwhelmed
UN: I can never catch up
CH: So many things undone
CB: Untouched projects
UA: I can feel the stress in my body
HD: Will I ever get caught up?
WR: I don’t think I will ever be able to relax

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the second round of tapping**

Round Two:

EB: I have to turn this lifestyle around
SE: Maybe I can look at this from a different angle
UE: I’m not really sure how to do that
UN: But maybe there’s a simpler solution
CH: What if I break down my larger projects
CB: The ones that seem to never get done
UA: Into tinier, more manageable projects?
HD: That might just work
WR: I’m starting to feel a little more relaxed

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the third round of tapping**

Round Three:

EB: I forgive myself and anyone else that may have led to this feeling of overwhelm
SE: I am taking control of my life starting today
UE: I am going to focus and follow through
UN: Taking baby steps as I go
CH: I will spend 10 minutes a day
CB: That adds up to an hour’s worth of time at the end of the week
UA: I am getting excited thinking about everything I can accomplish this way
HD: I am taking control
WR: I can feel my attitude changing!


**Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the fourth round of tapping**

Round Four:

EB: It’s time to let it all go
SE: Let the overwhelm go
UE: Let suffocation go
UN: It’s safe to let it go
CH: I’m safe
CB: All the fatigue, stress, overwhelm and suffocation
UA: It’s safe to let them all go
HD: I’m ready to let them go
WR: I’m ready for some satisfaction!

                                         **Take a deep breath and say “PEACE”**

Showering you with blessings of renewed energy and accomplishments!
Cindy (Selvaggio) Shumaker




No comments:

Post a Comment