I Don't Understand Why


photo: pixabay
Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on our shoulders, like we could crumble under the pressure of it all. 
Those are the times that our head spins, we feel like we can't breathe and all we can think about is how bad things are. 

Until we step back, take a deep breath and try to make sense of impossible situations, nothing will improve. 

But, even doing that seems like a daunting task when your world feels gray and murky. When you are in that fight or flight situation, your body sends blood to your muscles for survival. Your brain doesn't function as well as it should to get you through emotional situations.

The tapping script below will force you to take 5 minutes to focus on your breathing, on your thoughts and help you to quiet your mind for a few minutes. You will be surprised how much better you feel after a few rounds of tapping. 

Change the words to make it fit for your situation so it feels right for you. Repeat as often as necessary to keep you grounded and in control.

Leave a comment below to let me know how your mood/feelings changed.

 If you are new to tapping please visit the "Introduction to Tapping" tab at the top of this page for a diagram and a short 4 minute "how to" video by Jessica Ortner. 

Start with the "KC" or karate chop point as shown on the diagram

KC:
Even though I don't know why I am going through this, I deeply and completely love and accept myself

Even though I feel like my world is crumbling around me, I accept these feelings and everything they mean to me

Even though I can feel all of this uncertainty in my body, I am aware of these feelings and all the messages my body is sending me

EB:  I don't understand why

SE:  I don't deserve this
UE:  All this anxiety
UN: All of the unknown

CH: I can feel it in my stomach (change this to where you feel it in your body)
CB: It feels like someone punched me
UA: I can hardly breathe at times
HD: I need to catch my breath
WR: But it feels like the world is caving in on me

TAKE A DEEP BREATH and continue to the next round

EB: I feel all alone
SE: Like I am the only one with problems
UE: But deep down, I know I'm not
UN: There is always someone else who has it worse
CH: But right now, I am falling apart
CB: I feel it everywhere
UA: I want it to stop
HD: I want to stop worrying
WR: I want to let this all go

TAKE A DEEP BREATH and continue to the next round

EB: I don't know how much longer I can go on like this
SE: Something has to change
UE: Either the circumstances
UN: Or me
CH: Which would be easier?
CB: Which makes more sense?
UA: I am open to the possibility that I may not have control of the situation
HD: I only may have control of me, my thoughts, my reaction
WR: I wonder if it could be that simple

 TAKE A DEEP BREATH and continue to the next round

EB: It doesn't seem that simple
SE: But I am willing to forgive myself or anyone else that contributed to these feelings of despair
UE: No good can come from me continuing to live in this state of turmoil
UN: It is taking a toll on my mind and body
CH: I have to find a way of letting this go
CB: Either physically or emotionally
UA: I am open to possibilities
HD: Ones that I have never considered before
WR: I am willing to relax and open myself to new ways of looking at this


TAKE A DEEP BREATH and continue to the next round


EB: All this pain, all this turmoil, all this mental toxicity
SE: I am willing to let it go
UE: It is safe now
UN: I am safe now
CH: It's safe to let it go
CB: I am turning this around
UA: The heavy gray cloud over my life is starting to lift
HD: A ray of happiness is peaking through
WR: I am proud of myself for taking these steps to turn my life around!

Peace!

Showering you with blessings of positive thoughts and hope!
 Cindy 

No comments:

Post a Comment