Mirror Mirror on the wall.....

I confess I hate to shop! Yes, I am a woman and I hate to shop!

I needed to buy a new bathing suit recently, something I hadn’t shopped for in several years. There was a great sale last week, so I bit the bullet and drove to the mall knowing this was going to rank right up there with a root canal!

I found several racks with so many choices I didn’t know where to start. I gathered into my arms what looked great on the rack, keeping in mind my body was a little fleshier than the rack….ok….a LOT fleshier.

I sought out the nearest dressing room that didn’t have a long line of women and surprisingly that day, there was no line! Woo hoo, maybe it wasn’t going to be as bad as I had anticipated!

I entered the dressing room, stood in front of the mirror and it hit me…..I remembered why I hated shopping. Fluorescent lights were NOT a girl’s best friend! Ugh!

As I stood there analyzing every bump and bulge, I started to think about how women are so hard on themselves. The negative self talk is horrible. If I talked about my friends the way I talked about my body, I wouldn’t have any friends!

We need to be kinder to ourselves and find a way to accept our bodies.

The negative self talk runs like a virus in our head every time we look in the mirror. We have been doing it for so long, it has become a bad habit - we do it subconsciously.

We need to reprogram our self talk and stop the body hate!

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If the beholder is you, then it's really up to you to see yourself beautiful! "

The following tapping script will help you turn off the negative talk – start loving yourself today. If you don’t, no one else will!

Remember to change the words in this script to fit your situation and your feelings. Make it as personal and descriptive as you can.

If you are new to this blog and unfamiliar with the tapping process, please see the "introduction to tapping" link at the top of this page. It will provide you with everything you need to know!

Karate chop point:

"Even though I don’t like what I see in the mirror, I love and accept myself anyway”
"Even though I don’t like the number on the scale, I accept these feelings and everything they mean to me ”
"Even though I hate the way my ______ looks, I choose to accept my body today”

Round One:

EB: I don’t like what I see
SE: I hate my _______
UE: Too many lumps, bumps and bulges
UN: My clothes never fit right
CH: I feel fat/ugly/skinny
CB: The mirror is not my friend
UA: I can’t believe I have let myself get like this
HD: I’m a prisoner of my own body
WR: Someone let me out!!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the second round of tapping**

Round Two:

EB: All this body hate can’t be good
SE: I want to learn to appreciate my body
UE: The negative self talk has gone on long enough
UN: This is a hard habit to break
CH: I would like to turn it around starting today
CB: I will start by finding one thing I like about myself
UA: Ok… I really like my ________
HD: I wonder how I would feel if I appreciated one thing about myself every day
WR: Good people come in all shapes and sizes!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the third round of tapping**

Round Three:

EB: I forgive myself and anyone else who may have contributed to this body hate
SE: I choose to appreciate who I am and what I see
UE: After all, this body is the same one that allows me to function every day
UN: I couldn’t go to work, if my body decided it was going to go on strike until I started appreciating it
CH: I better start being more grateful for everything my body does for me
CB: I am starting to feel a lot better about who I am
UA: I deserve to be healthy and happy
HD: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the prettiest girl of all?
WR: I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment