I will see you again on Rainbow Bridge...

My dear friend Michelle, lost her precious dog Nala yesterday.
Nala's death left a hole in her family's heart!

For many families, pets earn the title of "fur children" or "fur babies". They fill a part of our heart that no one can - they make our lives whole.

They speak a language through their eyes that only we as owners understand. They love us more than we love ourselves.

They become our best friends, loving us unconditionally, protecting us and giving us endless hours of companionship. Some of us love our pets more than we like people!

When we suddenly find ourselves without our beloved companion, our world falls apart and the grief we feel is indescribable.

I have lost many pets over the years, but most recently, I lost 2 cats in 3 months.
It took several days to stop crying and many weeks getting used to not hearing their collar bells ring as they scampered through the house.

To get through those very difficult days, I relied on meridian tapping to help neutralize the emotional sting of my loss. It help me to face the empty collars, their absence at the door when I came home and the empty food bowls, without crying like a baby.

If you or someone you love is suffering right now, please try the following tapping script and keep using it until you feel better.

It won't make you forget your pet, it will help you function during the intial days of your loss.
It will "calm your inner pet grief storm"

If you are unfamiliar with tapping, please see the "introduction to tapping" link at the top of this page. It will provide you with everything you need to know!

Please substitute your pets name where applicable and change any words that fit your current situation - make it your own.

Karate chop point:

"Even though I can't stop crying, I love and accept myself anyway”
"Even though it so hard to imagine life without Nala, I love who I am, despite feeling this way”
"Even though I don't know how I can face tomorrow without her, I accept these feelings and everything they mean to me”

Round One:

EB: All this Nala grief
SE: I can't stop crying
UE: She was my best friend
UN: She was always there for me
CH: She loved me no matter what mood I was in
CB: All this sadness
UA: There will never be another Nala
HD: She was so full of life
WR: I miss her so much

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the second round of tapping**

Round Two:

EB: These feelings are so heavy
SE: I want to find a way to stop crying
UE: I need to be able to function
UN: I am doing the best I can right now
CH: I choose to remember the good times with Nala
CB: I know she is in a better place
UA: She doesn't hurt any more
HD: I am open to the possibility that I can find a way to move forward
WR: I know each day will get a little easier

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the third round of tapping**

Round Three:

EB: I remember that time when Nala made me laugh
SE: She made me laugh a lot
UE: She loved to play with _______
UN: I have many fond memories of her
CH: I choose to remember the good times
CB: I know she is around me right now
UA: I can feel her presence
HD: She is still protecting me
WR: I look forward to the day when we can cross Rainbow Bridge together!

Take another deep breath and remember that everything will be alright!

If you are unfamilar with the Rainbow Bridge poem please visit:
www.rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm


Tapping Tip:


Tapping on the inside of the middle finger helps sadness, grief and sorrow.

If you feel yourself start to get upset, tap the inside of the middle finger at the base of the fingernail as you focus on your beloved pet..

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the loss of Nala. I have lost many pets also but for me the pain was still the same, then I went to pet cremation near me i feel the pain of my friend, he loss her dog for 8 years, I know it's very painful and since she is a strong woman, she will overcome it.

    ReplyDelete