Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself!

I am often asked about the act of forgiving; just how does one forgive and move on?

I strongly agree with the article in my previous post. Inadequate skills are taught on how to forgive.

The ability to forgive needs to come from the heart and when your heart hurts, it makes it very difficult to take that first step!

I have created a tapping script to help those that need to take that first baby step.
Please fill in the blanks with the name or names of those that have taken control of your life by holding you hostage via your thoughts and memories.

As you are tapping, make sure you have a paper and pencil handy to write down any other thoughts or feelings that come up.

You may need to tap on those memories that surface, and get specific about the event/s that still haunt you.
Releasing those thoughts can be freeing, giving you a whole new lease on life

Give it a try, it can't hurt!

If you are new to this blog and unfamiliar with the tapping process, please see the "introduction to tapping" link at the top of this page. It will provide you with everything you need to know!

Karate chop point:

"Even though I am still so hurt and angry, I love and accept myself anyway”
"Even though I can’t let go, I accept these feelings and everything they mean to me ”
"Even though I don’t think I can ever move beyond this, I am a good person anyway”

Round One:

EB: All this anger
SE: All this hurt
UE: I keep replaying that horrible event – over and over
UN: Like a bad movie that never ends
CH: Sometimes my hurt and anger turns to tears
CB: All this tightness in my body
UA: I hate being a prisoner of my thoughts
HD: I don’t like feeling this way
WR: I just don’t know how to let go!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the second round of tapping**

Round Two:

EB: I’m afraid if I forgive, I am letting _____ “off the hook”
SE: I know all of these feelings are not good for my body
UE: I might consider turning this around
UN: I need to do this for ME, not for ____
CH: I am the one paying the price, not ____
CB: Enough is enough; I am turning this around today!
UA: I refuse to let _____ have control over me and my body
HD: I am ready to let go
WR: Let’s get started!

** Now take a deep breath or two and proceed to the third round of tapping**

Round Three:

EB: I will start by forgiving myself and anyone else that may have contributed to this situation
SE: I can’t change the past, I have to move forward
UE: I am grateful for my new attitude
UN: My body is starting to feel lighter
CH: It feels good thinking about regaining control of my life
CB: I choose to be free of this hurt
UA: I choose to let go for good
HD: The gray cloud is lifting
WR: The sun is starting to shine in my heart once again!

Take a deep breath and repeat as often as necessary until the emotional charge has been eliminated


Tapping Tip:

If you need to free any emotions that hold resentment, tap on the inside of the index finger where the nail bed meets the finger.

Tapping on this meridian helps release feelings of guilt, past hurts and for those that are having a hard time of letting go.

Focus on the thought that is haunting you, tap the index finger and feel the negative emotions melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment