Take your power back by accepting you are in control of your life!

Many times, when I sit down to write, I second guess what I want to write about.

I have never felt comfortable expressing my thoughts on paper, though it was very therapeutic once I did it.  Publishing those thoughts for people to read is a different story and it has stifled my self expression in the past. Reflecting, it has been about feeling vulnerable, being judged or feeling like I was good enough.

That is why I sometimes struggle to blog; that fear of being judged, feeling vulnerable.

On the other hand, I have so much that I want to share and express. I am passionate about the mind/body connection, helping others realize how they are in control of their lives more than what they consciously realize.

I was not the most popular in school and in a class of 500+, it was easy to get lost. 
It felt safe to stay in the background, unnoticed so no one would find something to criticize.
I struggled to be accepted yet didn't want to follow the crowd. 
I had a mind of my own but was afraid to speak it for fear of sounding stupid.

I was not stupid and I was not a victim of my peers making me feel less than perfect. I was a victim of my own thoughts, my own beliefs about what I thought they believed about me, which may have been absolutely nothing. I gave my power away because I didn't know any better at that time. 


They had their own problems, their own issues, but that didn't occur to me at that tender age. It's only now that I realize no one is perfect and we all have a story, we all have something to say and share with each other. We can learn a lot from each other if we listen more and judge less.

I am not a victim of anything other than my own thoughts. I am where I am because of the choices I have made and more so....how accountable I was regarding those choices and my attitude surrounding the outcome of those choices. My personal power lied in taking responsibility for my own thoughts, ideas and perception and not in blaming others. 


Let's commit to judging and criticizing others less and more importantly, stop judging, stop criticizing your self and stop feeling like a victim. Take your power back by accepting you are in control of your life! 

Showering you with blessings personal power! 
Cindy 

No comments:

Post a Comment